It’s unofficially official! Due to the efforts of a small band of co-conspirators, the WeMedia fringe event is going to take place in London on the evening of Wednesday 03 May 2006. So far we’ve organised the following speakers for the fringe event and are hoping to confirm several more:
- Suw Charman, Executive Director, Open Rights Group
- Neil Dixon, creator of BritCaster.com
- Paul Evans who blogs at nevertrustahippy.blogspot.com
- Michael Tippett,founder of nowpublic.com
- Neha Viswanathan (withinandwithout.com and globalvoicesonline.org)
- Tim Ireland, online marketing expert and activist who blogs at bloggerheads.com
- Dr Chris Yapp, Head of Public Sector Innovation, Microsoft
- Ben Metcalfe (benmetcalfe.com / backstage.bbc.co.uk)
- A political blogger who goes by the name of "Guido Fawkes" (order-order.com)
The conference organisers caught wind of the post I made last month suggesting a fringe and are working towards delivering some interesting speakers from conference itself. I don’t have the names yet but will post them when I do.
The event will be guest list only BUT we’re going to go to great pains to ensure that a wide selection of people from all walks of life are able to attend. And the event will be covered by some journalism and media students (see my next post if you’re someone who fits the bill!) so everyone will at least be able to see what happened on the night.
So what to do now if you want your name on the guest list? Come back here soon…
About We Media – the Conference: The We Media Global Forum brings together the trailblazers of the connected society – the thinkers, innovators, investors, executives and activists seeking to tap the potential of digital networks connecting people everywhere. (official programme)